“Designers should have self-awareness. They should intimately understand not only their strengths and weaknesses, but other aspects of their personalities and preferences that impact their projects.” Ask yourself:
- What’s the most effective way for me to get feedback?
- How much time do I need to dedicate to brainstorming?
- What cadence of design and delivery suits my style?
- How much control do I need to have over a project?
- How quickly can I adapt to new circumstances?
- Are you a big-picture person or a details person?
- How dogmatic are you about techniques and methods?
- How comfortable are you performing with less than optimal inputs?